Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Luke 14:26  If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Pastor has reiterated this principle numerous times.  We love ourselves.  When we are recognized for our achievements, we naturally become proud of our accomplishments.  What we need to remember is who gave you the talents to accomplish these things, God did.

I am beginning to realize that just because God's will for someone is different from His will for me, it doesn't mean that God has more favor toward that person than I.  That, folks, is partiality.  God's love is impartial.  He loves us all the same.

God wants us to serve Him with our whole heart.  We have to die to ourselves, and not only to ourselves but to anything that might distract from Him working in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment